Atomizing sets (needles, nozzles and aircaps) depend on the thickness of the coating and the surface being painted. In general, the thicker the liquid, the larger the size. Check out this page for detailed guidance on choosing the best atomizing set for your application.
Cup to measure viscosity
1. Have the Apollo A7700 Parts List on hand.
2. Slowly unscrew the Material Adjustment Screw at the back of the gun.
3. Take out the Needle Spring. Careful, it may pop out!
4. Using the wrench, loosen the Gland Seal Nut just behind the trigger.
5. Unscrew the Air Cap Ring and Air Cap Ring Gasket . The Air Cap will likely fall out.
6. Using the wrench again, loosen and remove the nozzle .
7. Remove the Air Cap Seal and Air Distributor Gasket.
8. Gently pull the Needle Assembly out from the back of the gun and replace it with the new one. If it does not slide out easily, loosen the Gland Seal Nut a little more.
9. Replace the Needle Spring and Material Adjustment Screw.
10. Retighten Gland Seal Nut just enough so that the needle does not fall out of the back of the spray gun.
11. Reseat the Air Distributor Gasket so that it is flush with the front of the Air Distributor.
12. Replace the Air Cap Seal, Nozzle, Air Cap, Air Cap Ring Gasket and Air Cap Ring.
13. Tighten the Gland Seal Nut and the Material Adjustment Screw.
Click here for more detailed step by step instructions and a downloadable Parts List.
In-stock items are usually shipped within two business days via UPS Standard Ground and normally take 5-7 business days to arrive. Delivery details will be provided in your confirmation email.
Most orders are shipped via UPS Standard Ground. Expedited shipping options are also available. You’ll be asked to select a delivery method during checkout.
We always aim for make sure our customers love our products, but if you do need to return an order, we’re happy to help. Just email us directly and we’ll take you through the process.